[Sca-cooks] Re: Making mustard

Christiane christianetrue at earthlink.net
Tue Mar 14 11:13:43 PST 2006

-----Original Message-----

<snip much in which Mistress of the Mustard dispenses her knowledge and wisdom)

Incidentally, one of the best mustard dishes I have ever had was on the dayboard at the East Crown Tourney, which was held in Iron Bog that time (and Jadwiga was there working her magic in the kitchen).

Take lots of eggs, fry them up in a glorious broken mess, take onions, chop them up, fry them in lots of butter, mix prepared mustard sauce into the onions and butter after the onions have cooked translucent, pour mustard/butter/onion combination over the platter of eggs, serve forth. I found the end of an Italian loaf and had the best sammich evah! And a second one, too! On a cold damp day that it was, this was the perfect breakfast/lunch. I literally had to tear myself away otherwise I could have eaten the whole platter. Luckily, folks asked me what I was eating, I enthusiastically told them, and once they had a taste, the dish was wiped just about clean. Yummy yummy yummy.

Gianotta (who now wants eggs with onion/butter/mustard sauce)