[Sca-cooks] Tony Bourdain Iceland Special

Michael Gunter countgunthar at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 22 09:47:28 PST 2006

>Well, yesterday I was chatting with Paul Buell, who's quite familiar with
>Iceland, and I was mentioning I wanted a copy of Nanna's book. His response
>was that Icelandic cooking was pretty basic- boil fish, add a bit of salt
>and
>pepper, and serve ;-)
>
>Phlip

I have a copy of Nanna's book (signed no less, preen!) and there are a lot
of basic recipes. But some rather good ones as well. The smoked lamb
sounds wonderful. And it seems the Icelanders have quite the "sour-tooth"
since so many of their traditional dishes were preserved in skeyr.
And, yeah, lots of boiled fish. Quite a bit of milk product. Not many
vegetables but interesting varieties of mosses and seaweed.

No wonder the Vikings were so angry.

Gunthar