[Sca-cooks] new beasty

lilinah at earthlink.net lilinah at earthlink.net
Thu Mar 23 10:50:54 PST 2006

"Marcha" <nigsdaughter at satx.rr.com> wrote:
>Really, who cares whether it is a lobster or a crab?

It is important to those who study sea life, and could turn out to
have effects on us, as we better understand other forms of life on
Earth.

>All I know is that it is one Ugly critter.........or as my military
>children would say _ugly!

Really? I think it's fascinating, and rather lovely - the mix of
textures and shades of white and off-white. I sent a link to an
artist who made a textile version she was so fascinated by its
appearance.

>Besides that, you can't eat it!

There are many life forms on Earth we can't eat. I cannot eat a
redwood tree. Should i discount it for that reason?

>Interesting to note that there are still things like that
>crab/lobster (looks more like a tick to me) out there still waiting
>to be found.

Yes, that is interesting... and important, since they found this in a
place they weren't expecting to.
--
Urtatim (that's err-tah-TEEM)
the persona formerly known as Anahita