[Sca-cooks] chocolate 'health' benefits - virtually none, really

Tom Vincent tom.vincent at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 24 09:18:10 PST 2006

LOL!  If wine has added alcohol, I think it's called something else:  fortified wine, maybe? Port?

  Definitely agree about moderation...except excessive moderation, of course. :)

  Duriel van Hansard
  Caer Adamant, East Kingdom

"Lonnie D. Harvel" <ldh at ece.gatech.edu> wrote:

Tom Vincent wrote:

> In comparison, articles discussing the possible health benefits of a glass or two of red wine aren't talking about a product that primarily comes with a few heaping teaspoons of added sugar and butter in it.

No, just alcohol.

I think the key word in many of the recent posts is Moderation. I
remember, back in the early eighties, Reader's Digest did a summary
article on a bunch of the recent health reports. This was the time when
all of the "X may give you cancer" articles were coming out (including
oxygen, by the way). The article was tongue-in-cheek, pointing out the
ludicrous amounts of the various substances being injected into the test
animals.

The conclusion of the author was "If you don't eat, drink, or breathe
anything, you will live longer."

Pax,
Aoghann

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*
Tom Vincent

“To stand in silence when they should be protesting makes cowards out of men”

“America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.”

“Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power.”

“If I am killed, I can die but once; but to live in constant dread of it, is to die over and over again”

“We should be too big to take offense and too noble to give it.”

“Kindness is the only service that will stand the storm of life and not wash out. It will wear well and will be remembered long after the prism of politeness or the complexion of courtesy has faded away.”

“My great concern is not whether you have failed, but whether you are content with your failure.”

- Abraham Lincoln