[Sca-cooks] chocolate 'health' benefits - virtually none, really

Lonnie D. Harvel ldh at ece.gatech.edu
Fri Mar 24 09:03:27 PST 2006

Tom Vincent wrote:

>  In comparison, articles discussing the possible health benefits of a glass or two of red wine aren't talking about a product that primarily comes with a few heaping teaspoons of added sugar and butter in it.

No, just alcohol.

I think the key word in many of the recent posts is Moderation. I
remember, back in the early eighties, Reader's Digest did a summary
article on a bunch of the recent health reports. This was the time when
all of the "X may give you cancer" articles were coming out (including
oxygen, by the way). The article was tongue-in-cheek, pointing out the
ludicrous amounts of the various substances being injected into the test
animals.

The conclusion of the author was "If you don't eat, drink, or breathe
anything, you will live longer."

Pax,
Aoghann