[Sca-cooks] Madeleine P. Cosman has passed on

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Sun Mar 26 19:12:39 PST 2006

Berelinde mentioned:

For me, certainly, "Fabulous Feasts" was a
bridge into a new world. Before that, my ideas about medieval food
came from
the turkey legs, sausage-onna-stick, and funnel cakes of ren faires.
  <<<

Well, two out of three isn't too bad. And the other was eaten before
1600 CE in some parts of Europe.

turkeys-msg       (64K) 10/15/04    Use of turkeys in Renaissance
Europe.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD-MEATS/turkeys-msg.html
Turkeys-a-GB-art   (6K) 12/14/05    "On Turkeys and Great Birds" by
Johnnae llyn
                                        Lewis.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD-MEATS/Turkeys-a-GB-art.html
sausages-msg     (176K)  4/17/05    Period sausages. Making sausage.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD-MEATS/sausages-msg.html
fried-breads-msg  (28K) 12/29/02    Period fried breads. Funnel
cakes, donuts.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD-BREADS/fried-breads-msg.html

But yes, hardly a complete sampling of medieval or period food.

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas
StefanliRous at austin.rr.com