[Sca-cooks] Pasta making and baking with semolina flour

Craig Jones drakey at webone.com.au
Mon Mar 27 18:50:40 PST 2006

I've used semolina flour for making fresh pasta.  I usually use an egg pasta
recipe (usually the one in the back of Marco Pierre White's White Heat) and
substitute up to 50% of the flour with fine semolina. It gives a rough feeling
to pasta thats great for soaking up sauces... I'd cut the sheets into fettucine
or Tagliatelle rather than fine strands as the semolina makes for a weaker
pasta strand.

I often use semolina on the bench when making pasta with 100% normal flour as I
find it better at stopping with pasta being sticky...

Does that help?

Drakey - back from the docs with concussion and a heavy head cold...