[Sca-cooks] Re: Pho

Phil Troy / G. Tacitus Adamantius adamantius.magister at verizon.net
Mon Mar 27 21:41:51 PST 2006

On Mar 27, 2006, at 11:18 PM, Laura C. Minnick wrote:

> At 03:55 PM 3/27/2006, you wrote:
>> There used to be a Thai restaurant near my old house called POO
>> PING PALACE.
>> They said it was named for the royal palace of Siam.  Nobody would
>> ever go
>> there with me, so I started ordering delivery and THEN telling the
>> name of
>> the restaurant after everyone ate.  Ha.
>
> Ok, now I don't feel quite so bad that there are two Chinese
> restaurants in town called 'Hung Far Low'. I haven't decided if the
> name is a joke or not...

I remember seeing a sign off the Jersey Turnpike advertising a Fu Kyu
restaurant, and I may have misread it or it may have been a joke
(although I doubt it), but I can personally attest to the absolute
authenticity and reality of the Mei Dick Barber Shop on Mott Street
in New York's Chinatown. Good for hours of infantile amusement for
the simple-minded, mostly writing ad copy...

Adamantius

eat cake!"
"Confessions", 1782

Holt, 07/29/04