[Sca-cooks] Re: Pho

Elaine Koogler ekoogler1 at comcast.net
Tue Mar 28 06:03:30 PST 2006

> I remember seeing a sign off the Jersey Turnpike advertising a Fu Kyu
> restaurant, and I may have misread it or it may have been a joke
> (although I doubt it), but I can personally attest to the absolute
> authenticity and reality of the Mei Dick Barber Shop on Mott Street in
> New York's Chinatown. Good for hours of infantile amusement for the
> simple-minded, mostly writing ad copy...
>
> Adamantius
And then, of course, there's the bar in Alaska (not a Chinese place, but
good ol' English!) named "Tricky Dick's Half-way Inn"!  I really am not
joking.  We were there several years back...it's about half-way between
Anchorage and Fairbanks.  When you visit, you sign a dollar bill and it
gets stapled to the ceiling or wall...wherever there's room!

Kiri