[Sca-cooks] Pinnacle Peak

Susan Fox selene at earthlink.net
Tue Mar 28 10:51:07 PST 2006

Michael Gunter wrote:

>> The Phoenix location is the original location, Unforgettable views.
>> When my family went there long ago, we watched a lightning storm
>> march across the opposite end of a long clear valley.
>
>> Selene C.
>

> I've been there with the other Selene.

Which is why I've been trying to remember to sign with at least the last
initial for clarity purposes.

> The view
> is amazing. It's kind of kitchy with the Western
> theme and they have a large longhorn in a pen
> out front. I don't know, that felt a little ghoulish.
> Kind of like meeting the main course a The
> Restaurant at the End of the Universe.

Yes!  Someone else remembers that!  If I recall correctly, the actor was
Peter Davidson, better known as the 5th Dr. Who.

Then there's the whole sequence of introducing the courses in "Through
the Looking-Glass":

"You look a little shy; let me introduce you to that leg of mutton,'
said the Red Queen. `Alice--Mutton; Mutton--Alice.' The leg of mutton
got up in the dish and made a little bow to Alice; and Alice returned
the bow, not knowing whether to be frightened or amused.

"`May I give you a slice?' she said, taking up the knife and fork, and
looking from one Queen to the other.

"`Certainly not,' the Red Queen said, very decidedly: `it isn't
etiquette to cut any one you've been introduced to. Remove the joint!'"

Selene Colfox