[Sca-cooks] Knives

Elaine Koogler ekoogler1 at comcast.net
Tue Mar 28 16:42:23 PST 2006

Tom Vincent wrote:
> To open a different topic altogether:
>
>   What about knives?  What are folk's favorites, least favorites, dream knives, etc?
>
> Anyone try/like ceramic knives?
>
>   For me, I love Chicago Cutlery's traditional knives, with the wood handles...They just *feel* like knives.  I had a set of Henckels and got rid of it.
>
>   Now, some of these Japanese Damascus chef's knives really get my blood moving...
>
>   Duriel

I never responded with regards to a pot...I guess it would be a toss-up
between the Calphalon steamer (we eat lots of steamed veggies...and we
also use it cook sauces, soups and pasta) and the wok...a spun steel
jobbie that's probably 20 years old and very well-seasoned.  People have
been known to be drawn and quartered for getting anywhere near it with soap!

Knives....hummm...let's see.  Well, I'm very fond of our Wusthof
santoku...it really makes chopping things SO easy.  A close second would
be, oddly enough, the small (only about 4", if that) Good Grips chefs'
knife.

Kiri