Kitchen Glove - was Re: [Sca-cooks] Knives

Tom Vincent tom.vincent at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 29 06:37:20 PST 2006

That brings up another good suggestion I'd like to make:  Buy a kitchen glove.  I have one that's puncture resistant (won't block a direct thrust from an angry/drunk feast patron or an insane lover) and definitely *will* prevent a sliced finger.  Get a good one for $20-30...an excellent investment and a fine gift for your favorite culinary friend.

  Duriel

Volker Bach <carlton_bach at yahoo.de> wrote:
  Am Mittwoch, 29. März 2006 15:25 schrieb Phil Troy / G. Tacitus Adamantius:

> Serrated knives are for cutting bread, and not much else.

Cutting bread, slicing tomatoes, and giving yourself truly nasty wounds while
learning that just because it says 'frozen goods knife' doesn't mean it will
actually cut anything frozen... :-)

Giano

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*
Tom Vincent

“To stand in silence when they should be protesting makes cowards out of men”

“America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.”

“Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power.”

“If I am killed, I can die but once; but to live in constant dread of it, is to die over and over again”

“We should be too big to take offense and too noble to give it.”

“Kindness is the only service that will stand the storm of life and not wash out. It will wear well and will be remembered long after the prism of politeness or the complexion of courtesy has faded away.”

“My great concern is not whether you have failed, but whether you are content with your failure.”

- Abraham Lincoln