Kitchen Glove - was Re: [Sca-cooks] Knives

Elaine Koogler ekoogler1 at comcast.net
Wed Mar 29 08:14:53 PST 2006

Tom Vincent wrote:
> That brings up another good suggestion I'd like to make:  Buy a kitchen glove.  I have one that's puncture resistant (won't block a direct thrust from an angry/drunk feast patron or an insane lover) and definitely *will* prevent a sliced finger.  Get a good one for $20-30...an excellent investment and a fine gift for your favorite culinary friend.
>
>   Duriel

I wish we had thought about this before the Middle Eastern Feast.  The
lady who was to become my "apprentege" was chopping mint and managed to
slice off a piece of her finger along with the mint!  The amazing thing
was that she didn't panic, wrapped up the injury, made sure that any
mint that had touched the blood was removed and cleaned up her work
space...all before really letting us know what had happened.  When we
did the ceremony, I told her she really didn't need to prove her
dedication to our household by sacrificing a piece of herself, much to
the amusement of the group.  But...given this, can I pick 'em or what??

Kiri