[Sca-cooks] Knives

Glenn A. Crawford gacrwfrd at metrocast.net
Wed Mar 29 10:36:11 PST 2006

My favorite knives are pretty cheap, but hold an edge and are comfortable.
I am able to dice up 50 lb. of potatoes with no problems.
There are Mundails, you can find them in most restaurant supply stores.
There are stamped blades with a full tang Restaurant approve plastic/rubber
handles. I had the same set now for two years and now I have to take them
in to be sharpened. I do steal them before every use.

I've tried a couple of the expensive blades (which will remain nameless)and
I didn't find them comfortable for long term use, also some of the chef
knife blades were too heavy with no flex at all.

Thanks for letting me get my 2 cents in.

Glenn