[Sca-cooks] On "Swet Te" (was Po' Folks)

Michael Gunter countgunthar at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 29 09:33:11 PST 2006

>OH that's PRICELESS!  I am going to forward it to a friend in Iron
>Mountain . . .

It is good and very clever. I have uncovered a manuscript from
the region once known as "Okieland" or in the language of
New English "Okalahama" where there is a variation on the
sweetening process:

an tak i cuppe fayre clene watr an equal mesure wyttte sugar an
boyle hem togedre untill a syripe of spoon qualitie is made to this
adde squezed mynt et steppe hem til fragrent

This was then added to the steeped tea and stirred. It was claimed
that this avoided the "residue" on the bottom of the vessel.

But the "Hokahomans" or "Hokeys" as they were called at the
time were known to be a rather provincial people so this was
probably more of a commoner's driink where the more sophisticated
"Atalanans" and "Gorgons" were considered to be the civilized
tribes of the southern provinces.

>Jared

Yers,

Gunthar