[Sca-cooks] Group Projects: Feast Prep Instructions, Event Kitchen Management, etc

Tom Vincent tom.vincent at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 29 10:32:59 PST 2006

That's true.  The discussion might lend itself more to a blog-type of structure more than an e-mail list, but it's not that big of a deal.

  I just thought that people are always learning new things, trying new ideas, validating old experiences, etc. that it would be wonderful to have a growing, living repository of that knowledge that a new person who was interested in volunteering to feastocrat could use as a knowledge pool.

  Seems like so many times that the experience gained by autocrats and the like is lost forever because it isn't being shared with others.  So much 're-inventing of the wheel' and so little knowledge-transfer.

  Maybe different regions have addressed and solved those sorts of problems...I don't know...wish there were more 'post-mortem' event meetings where experiences are shared, documented and distributed.

  Duriel

Jadwiga Zajaczkowa / Jenne Heise <jenne at fiedlerfamily.net> wrote:
  Well, I think Duriel may be suggesting not that we answer his questions,
but that the group try to work out some (more) documents that could be
posted to the florilegium to give good answers.

I guess I like his idea, but then I'm a writer and a documenter by
nature. We do have a number of different docs in the Florilegium, and
Christianna made an excellent Feast Cook's Handbook as well.

I've got something of the sort started, which I'd like some (more)
feedback on before I send it to the Florilegium:

http://gallowglass.org/jadwiga/SCA/cooking/dayboards.html

-- Jadwiga Zajaczkowa, Knowledge Pika jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
"America was not built on fear. America was built on courage, on
imagination and an unbeatable determination to do the job at hand."
-- Harry S. Truman

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*
Tom Vincent

“To stand in silence when they should be protesting makes cowards out of men”

“America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.”

“Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power.”

“If I am killed, I can die but once; but to live in constant dread of it, is to die over and over again”

“We should be too big to take offense and too noble to give it.”

“Kindness is the only service that will stand the storm of life and not wash out. It will wear well and will be remembered long after the prism of politeness or the complexion of courtesy has faded away.”

“My great concern is not whether you have failed, but whether you are content with your failure.”

- Abraham Lincoln