Kitchen Glove - was Re: [Sca-cooks] Knives

Tom Vincent tom.vincent at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 31 08:52:50 PST 2006

Twenty dollars is 'that much investment'?!?  Yikes!

  Duriel

"Mike C. Baker" <kihebard at hotmail.com> wrote:
  For those uncertain about that much investment without prior exposure, one
can also find fisherman's "filet gloves" for as little as $6 - $7 in the
sporting goods aisle of your favorite BigBox store.

I use one regularly these days when sharpening knives using a handheld
stone, and find the slight trade-off in sensitivity to be well worth the
added protection for my dainty digits...

What I have is woven of coated kevlar, or equivalent. What I lust toward is
a really good mail butcher's glove in stainless steel. "Shiny!"

Adieu, Amra / ttfn - Mike / Pax ... Kihe (Mike C. Baker)
Opinions? I'm FULL of 'em | Buy my writings!:
http://www.lulu.com/WizardsDen