Protecting Traditional Origins - was Re: [Sca-cooks] Hot off thepresses: A new Feudal Gourmet pamphlet!

grizly grizly at mindspring.com
Fri Mar 31 21:13:10 PST 2006

-----Original Message-----
 It's a way of protecting traditional origins of foods & produce, so you
don't get things like, I don't know, (US equivalents) Wisconsin Cheddar
coming from Alabama, Poland Spring water coming from New Mexico, Philly
cheesesteaks coming from Reno and Chicago deepdish pizza coming from Boise.

  http://europa.eu.int/comm/agriculture/foodqual/quali1_en.htm

Or Vidalia Onions native to Georgia, USA from somewhere like Walla Walla,
Washington, USA.

niccolo difrancesco
(We do "Grantvilly" Cheesesteaks at my joint in grantville, GA for just that
reason)