[Sca-cooks] BAd cooking at Feasts

Louise Smithson helewyse at yahoo.com
Mon May 22 10:32:09 PDT 2006

Reminds me of a feast I ate once (location anonymous only and overview provided).
  First course
   Not bad, not enough of some foods though.
  Second course/Third course, I've forgotten some stuff, self defense
  - rice which was mushy and crunchy simultaneously with no salt
  - portions too small to satisfy the table, the beef was greasy and bland and served with mustard freshly squeezed from a dijon mustard tube.
  Everything was under seasoned.
  Desert
  - "Italian creme" OK it was supposed to be a rose water flavored egg yolk and cream custard, it looked like baby puke, curdled with black flecks in it.  Yup you really can't cook a custard on a stove top unless you are willing to stand there and stir it constantly.

  Shudder