[Sca-cooks] Bad Cooking at Feasts - was Re: good taste

Adele de Maisieres ladyadele at paradise.net.nz
Mon May 22 14:27:16 PDT 2006

Micheal wrote:

> Greetings
>  Most of the bad cooking stories I have heard of begin with the oven didn`t
>work, the grill, the stove top, or some such other kitchen equipment
>failure. Which leaves me wondering why we rent such places in the first
>place.

I wonder, too.  I just won't work try to work under those conditions.

> Third type is the old but I bought it on sale, sorry but if it was on sale
>there usually is a reason.

_Sometimes_ buying on sale is good.  I buy things on sale because of
seasonal glut.

> Fourth never trying the recipe or recipes at home before cooking the feast.

Apparently, a person who I shall not name once told a mutual
acquaintance that I clearly didn't know what I was doing in the kitchen
because I sometimes do initial recipe testing months in advance.
According to this individual, you either know how to cook or you don't.
I haven't quite stopped laughing yet.

> Fifth reason for bad cooking is the over whelming idea that food should be
>second or third to everything else at the event.

No, no, no, no, no, no!

--
Adele de Maisieres

Habeo metrum - musicamque,