[Sca-cooks] Bad Cooking at Feasts - was Re: good taste

Elaine Koogler ekoogler1 at comcast.net
Mon May 22 15:18:17 PDT 2006

Adele de Maisieres wrote:
> Terry Decker wrote:
>

>> Renting
>> a place where the equipment isn't in working order is stupidity on the part
>> of whoever is doing the rental.
>>

> AMEN!!
>
> (Actually, I have done feasts in kitchens that didn't have great
> equipment.  It's not that difficult to budget for equipment hire!)

But sometimes the equipment looks fine, but fails day of....we did a
feast years ago at a site where the gas (everything ran on propane)
maintained by the site ran out.  We kept dishes already cooked warm by
wrapping them in cloaks...heated soup in multiple coffee makers...got
the feast out and hot, no thanks to the site!

Kiri