[Sca-cooks] Bad Cooking at Feasts - was Re: good taste

Johnna Holloway johnna at sitka.engin.umich.edu
Mon May 22 16:54:32 PDT 2006

Or the school staff fail to restock the special detergent for the
automatic dishwasher
because it's going to be spring break the coming week. About mid-afternoon
on Saturday, the machine runs out and there's no more in the storeroom.
So, we had to switch over to handwashing everything before running it
through
the santitizer at the Tournament of Chivalry feast in
April 2004.  At the end of the feast
HisRMajesty walked in and saw Helewyse and I working alone in the kitchen.
He went back out and announced that there were just two ladies doing all
the dishes and that he was taking off his crown and joining us. The
chivalry were
invited to then join him. I wrote at the time that  it was rather
surreal to watch them all
in action at the end of the night. Helewyse reported that it
 was amazing how quickly 20 people can get a job done compared to a couple.

Johnnae