[Sca-cooks] Title of an ex-Viceroy

Phil Troy / G. Tacitus Adamantius adamantius.magister at verizon.net
Tue May 23 05:20:44 PDT 2006

On May 23, 2006, at 2:59 AM, Anne-Marie Rousseau wrote:

> --AM, who lives in a kingdm where a viceroy is the guy the crown
> puts in place when the baron/baroness need to step down suddenly,
> and who often oversee sticky changeovers.
Around here, which happens to be one of those areas held for the
Crown by a real, live Viceroy, that officer is known as a vicar.

Our Viceroy (and his consort/co-titular-head-person, known here as
our Vicereine, which I gather is a made-up term) is the functional
equivalent of a landed Baron, and is regarded as the senior Baronial
couple in the Kingdom by Precedence. Both already hold Court
Baronies, and are peers, so I'm not sure what, if anything, will
change about their alphabet soup when they step down in September.
I'm guessing they'll continue to be Baron Ian and Baroness Katherine;
the standard custom in the East is to award Court Baronies to Barons
as they step down, and they've already got them. I suspect the only
thing left for them would be an augmentation of arms, if the Crown
felt so inclined (and boy, would it tick a sector of the populace off
if they did).

It's probably something sufficiently rare that no strong precedent
exists.

Adamantius

Holt, 07/29/04