[Sca-cooks] Bad Cooking at Feasts - was Re: good taste

UlfR ulfr at hunter-gatherer.org
Tue May 23 19:43:02 PDT 2006

Adele de Maisieres <ladyadele at paradise.net.nz> [2006.05.22] wrote:
> > Fourth never trying the recipe or recipes at home before cooking the feast.

But I almost never try out recipies special before a feast. I just pick
out some good, tested home cooking recipies and figure out an order of
service. Ok, it's good old home cooking as presented in those nice
brown hardbound books from Oxford University Press[1], mostly.

> Apparently, a person who I shall not name once told a mutual
> acquaintance that I clearly didn't know what I was doing in the kitchen
> because I sometimes do initial recipe testing months in advance.
> According to this individual, you either know how to cook or you don't.
> I haven't quite stopped laughing yet.

Nahh, obviously ayone who can boil an egg without burning it can cook at
3-star restaurant levels. Just like anyone who can change oil and
spark plugs on a car could get a jo as mechanic in an Indy 500 team.

UlfR

[1] Don't anyone come bandering silly claims such that not all good
cookery books are written in Middle English, the premier language of
food and cooking.

UlfR Ketilson                               ulfr at hunter-gatherer.org
Mind Like A Steel Trap - Rusty And Illegal In 37 States