[Sca-cooks] Seeds for period vegetables

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Wed May 24 00:02:40 PDT 2006

Petru asked:
<<< I'd like to know if you can recommend any reliable source for period
vegetable seeds (Montreal is a 5B rusticity area, so I can't grow
everything
over here, but most of the basic stuff should be all right). >>>

Perhaps this file in the PLANTS, HERBS AND SPICES section of the
Florilegium might be of use:
seeds-msg         (60K) 12/27/00    Sources for period plants and seeds.

I just checked and I have a fairly large file of addition stuff to
add to this file as well. If you wish, I could send that to you by
email. Or ask and I'll see about getting this file updated and the
new version online.

This section also has several good articles on medieval gardens, some
for large areas and some for small ones.

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas
StefanliRous at austin.rr.com