[Sca-cooks] blackpudding

Ana Valdes agora158 at gmail.com
Wed May 24 01:10:13 PDT 2006

The Swedish black pudding is an industrial tasteless and hideous
looking block of black paste. When I came to Sweden and black pudding
was served at school the most children turned off the meal and ate
other stuff offered.
A Swedish cook and restaurateur, Carl Butler, made his own after an
old recipe and his black pudding, only served at his restaurang, was
wonderful. But he did it from scratch, I gues it's the
industrialization of the dish who make it uneatable.
Ana, who loves Spanish morcillas or French boudins

On 5/24/06, Stefan li Rous <StefanliRous at austin.rr.com> wrote:
> UlfR mentioned:
> <<< I think the 3-year old has eaten more store bought blackpudding
> than malaches, but that is due to laziness and availability (every
> grocery store sells black pudding, but only a few sell blood).>>>
>
> Huh? Obviously there are some differences between the grocery stores
> in Sweden(?) and the United States. :-)  I might be able to find
> black pudding at a specialty store, such as Central Market or maybe
> Whole Foods, but I'm not even sure of that.
>
> Stefan
> --------
>    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas
> StefanliRous at austin.rr.com

"A human being is a part of the whole, called by us 'Universe,' a part
limited in time and space.  He experiences himself, his thoughts and
feelings as something separated from the rest -- a kind of optical
delusion of his consciousness.  This delusion is a kind of prison for
us, restricting us to our personal desires and to affection for a few
persons nearest to us.  Our task must be to free ourselves from this
prison by widening our circle of compassion to embrace all living
creatures and the whole of nature in its beauty.  Nobody is able to
achieve this completely, but the striving for such achievement is in
itself a part of the liberation and a foundation for inner security."
-- Albert Einstein