[Sca-cooks] Bad Cooking at Feasts - was Re: good taste

Jadwiga Zajaczkowa / Jenne Heise jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
Thu May 25 20:06:10 PDT 2006

> Then there was the feast that was being planned, Lady X was to be the cook and Laurel/Pelican Y was to be the autocrat, names deleted to protect the guilty.  When I heard the line up I asked a most reasonable if cheeky question, "That's nice... who is going to marshal?"   It was not a pretty battle for dominance and the feast was best described as a culinary atrocity.

*blink*  Wait, people have used that line in reference to events that
I've been involved in... but I don't think you're from my area. I'm
confused.

Once, as an autocrat, I got stuck working with the person who had least
respect for me in the world as my cook. She regarded it as an insult
that I wanted to see the menu. I survived. I've cooked at events where
she autocrated since then, but it's never easy (still easier than the
other way around, though...)

-- Jadwiga Zajaczkowa, Knowledge Pika jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
"America was not built on fear. America was built on courage, on
imagination and an unbeatable determination to do the job at hand."
	-- Harry S. Truman