No subject

Sun May 28 20:04:55 PDT 2006

cool!

>> Real Fresca.
>> TAB.
>
>Still available, fortunately for my friend Lady Lavinia who is fiercely
allergic
>to NutraSweet but doesn't mind Saccharine.

I can't have NutraSweet either, but last time I picked up a Fresca it had
the damn stuff in it! ARGH! Where do you find teh stuff with saccharine?

>> Walter Cronkite.
>
>Still breathing, doing appearances and the occasional special.

Yeah, but he used to be the only game in town. Not the guys with the
plastic hair. I also remember Dan Rather when he was a war correspondent.

>>  Evel Kneviel.
>
>Just announced he is doing one last stunt.  I personally think it's a suicide
>attempt and they shouldn't let him do it as long as suicide is illegal.

You're kidding! Are you sure it isn't Jr.?

>>  Percolated coffee, hearing it
>> go blorp-blorp-blorp in the morning.
>
>I got a blorper, used to be my mom's, in extra-large size for large parties.

KEWL!

>> Laugh-in.
>
>Trio Network, every weeknight.  It holds up surprisingly well!

I know. Saw it at a friend's house last fall. Had to explain teh gags to #1
daughter though...

>> Quisp and Quake.
>
>www.quisp.com

Urg.

>> The jars of peanut butter and jelly, in stripes.
>
>Still available.

Wow. Anyone remember Sunny Jim?

>> All salad was iceberg lettuce,
>> dressing was 1000 Island, bleu cheese, French, or Italian.
>
>Yuck, that's something I don't miss.

My Sweetie, cultured and erudite man that he is (he picked me, didn't he?)
had a salad at a restaurant in Denver when we were there- a wedge of
iceburg lettuce, with dressing over (blue cheese?) and I think bacon bits.
I couldn't watch.

>>  Pee-Chees that had the same pictures on them
>> that our parents scribbled on when they were in school. (The tennis-player
>> on the front always got it first.)
>
>Still available.

But they updated the pictures! And they come in colors other than that
muddy yellow! I haven't seen a *real* Pee-Chee for years! My kids have no
idea...

>> Grilled cheese sandwich made with
>> sliced American (don't forget to take off the plastic!) on Wonder bread,
>> served with a mug of Campbell's Tomato...
>
>Still available, Jared's top comfort food.  Better still, pimento cheese!

Nah. Meunster.! I looove monster cheese!

>Sneaking downstairs to watch TV, getting scared then fascinated by Star
Trek in
>first run

Oh.my.gawd... I used to turn a dining chair upside down and pretend it was
a console like the one Uhura had (Lt. Uhura was GOD). Some of the monsters
were scary. And I remember the one episode where the Cap'n, Spock, and
Bones had been captured by someone (that space lunatic Harry-Something?)
and they were in a cell, bare-chested. I was embarrassed! Very embarrassed!
Especially since Kirk looked ok, but Bones wasn't particlarly flattered,
and Spock looked downright BAD with his shirt off... The women all had
really cool hair though. My mom couldn't make *her* hair do that...

>Staying up late to watch the first moon landing, toasting with milk in my
Woody
>Woodpecker cup [which still holds a place of honor in the good china cabinet]

Yay! I can remember sitting on the floor in my jammies to watch. But I
didn't have a Woody Woodpecker cup. I had one of the Quik Bunny cups though!

>A warm lunch of canned ravioli was a treat on a cold day.

Oooh... my mom wouldn't buy the stuff. She was cheap.

>My first fancy restaurant.

Wow. I think I was 14 before I got to go to a restaurant that didn't have
paper menus with crayons for the kids (I'm oldest of four- we had to cater
to the youngest common denomenator). And my folks were always broke.

>Selene, living in the past, Caid

Is that anywhere near Pasadena? ;-D)

>Selene, 59 model with cushy upholstery, fading paint job but still a classic!

I love it! My upholstery is a little cushy too...

'Lainie