[Sca-cooks] Rust removal

Susan Fox selene at earthlink.net
Mon May 1 08:41:36 PDT 2006

I wrote:

 >I really hate having to bring out the wire brushes for my cookware!

Which reminded me:  what do the members of this august company prefer
for rust removal from cast iron?  My mother just gave me her old
ableskiver pan and it's awfully rusty.  This is going to be difficult.
 I'm hesitant to dive in with chemical rust removers because then the
trick is to remove the remover before using the pan for actual food
without chemicals.  You see the quandry.

In the meantime, I'm going out to get a wire brush that will attach to
my power drill, that may save some elbow grease anyway.

Best,
Selene Colfox