[Sca-cooks] Re: Mysost/Gjetost (cheese)

Sue Clemenger mooncat at in-tch.com
Mon May 1 17:55:44 PDT 2006

Nope.  Well, sorta-nope.  I've made Mytost (using whey left over from cow's
milk cheese, and following the recipe in a cheese book, which specified
using the whey).  I very much recommend using a slow-cooker, once you've
boiled the whey down a bit.  You still have to stir, but it's not nearly so
fraught with burning danger.  ;o) And it didn't take me anything like a
couple of days--kinda did it overnight, IIRC.

--Maire