[Sca-cooks] Oso and Rocky - was Rust Removal

marilyn traber 011221 phlip at 99main.com
Mon May 1 21:03:29 PDT 2006

> > Battery charger method is quite safe ;-) It's also incredibly easy.
> > If you
> > doubt me, ask Oso or Rocky.
>
> Who? I tell you what... HEY DRAKEY, are you around? Have you ever
> tried this electrolysis method to remove rust from iron cookware?
> Did  anything "interesting" happen? No? Then I guess it's safe. :-)
>
> Stefan

Master Oso and  his brother Rocky (I think Rocky's a Lordship, but not sure)
are a couple of top notch bladesmiths that Selene and I both know. If you
want to see sheer beauty in steel, check out their website:

http://www.osoforge.com/

Rocky sold an absolutely beautiful reproduction of a 14th century Italian
cooking knife to a friend of mine at Pennsic- their knives are, without any
question in MY mind, absolutely the best at Pennsic. As an example of their
work, Rocky got "Best Sword" at one of the most prestigious mundane knife
shows in the world last spring.

OSO tells a story on himself, wherein he was busy teaching forge welding and
managed to set himself on fire. One of his students finally managed to let
him know (he was pretty involved) and without missing a beat, he said, "Well
put it out" and went right on with his demo. Rocky hasn't set himself on
fire, at least not that he admits to ;-) but he looks a bit like a fire
hydrant, so maybe that's his secret ;-)

Any way, I figure she knows them well enough, that if they said they hadn't
managed to set themselves on fire with the technique ;-) she might be willing
to try it. It sure would save her a whole lot of hard work.

Phlip