[Sca-cooks] Diabetes and Honey - substitute or not?

LRA LRA at olpdsl.net
Sat May 6 12:24:32 PDT 2006

I have found a fake honey. It tastes like the real stuff, looks like,
cooks like, measures like and dissolves like the real thing. It is made
by MARKET PANTRY and called Imitation Honey. I have been able to find
the product at only Super Wal-Mart and Super Target stores (at least in
my area, Tulsa, OK). And it is more expensive than real honey.

The package says "sugar free, not a low calorie food". It has 0 grams of
sugar, but is made with sugar alcohols. Some people have problems with
sugar alcohols.

I'm not a diabetic, but I try to stay on a low carb life-style.

I'd be interested to find out if others have found other products of
this nature.

Lynn the Inquisitive