[Sca-cooks] re:long peppers, etc.

ysabeau ysabeau at mail.ev1.net
Tue May 9 08:23:34 PDT 2006

I'm on the opposite side, I find almost any food that isn't spiced
up rather bland and unappealing. Properly done, it doesn't hide
the flavor but enhances it...But then what you mean by spicing? I
was once married to a man that thought adding salt and pepper to
canned green beans was "spicing it up".

I prepared the chicken and chickpea tangine from the Cooking Light
magazine the other night and even though it had several spices
(turmeric, cumin, ginger, and something else I think) and I used
chipotle chili powder instead of paprika (I was out), I thought it
was rather bland and probably won't prepare it again without
spicing it up a bit...maybe a bit more cilantro.

I also grew up on spicy food and I'm not allergic to capsaicin, so
that might make a difference ~grin~. Capsaicin is also said to be
addictive, so I think I might be an addict!

Ysabeau