[Sca-cooks] re:lemon pie recipe

Huette von Ahrens ahrenshav at yahoo.com
Tue May 9 12:51:49 PDT 2006

--- "Phil Troy / G. Tacitus Adamantius" <adamantius.magister at verizon.net> wrote:

> I used to work with a pastry chef who made a terrific lemon tart with
> a cornmeal crust and a filling that was basically lemon curd, poured
> while warm into the pre-baked crust. I just don't trust my
> recollection on things like quantities; I'd have to spend a day in a
> kitchen if I wanted to try and duplicate it.
>
> Adamantius

I have a recipe for lemon chess pie that can cornmeal in the filling, not
the crust.  Is that what you are thinking of?

Lemon Chess Pie

Unbaked 9" pie shell

2 c. sugar
1 tblsp. flour
1 tblsp cornmeal
4 eggs
1/4 cup butter, melted
1/4 cup milk
4 tblsp. finely grated lemon peel
1/4 cup lemon juice

Combine sugar, flour and cornmeal in a large bowl. Toss lightly with fork
to mix. Add eggs, butter, milk, lemon peel and lemon juice. Beat with rotary
or electric beater until smooth and thoroughly blended. Pour into pie shell.

Bake in moderate oven (375 degrees F.) 35 to 45 minutes or until top is golden
brown. Cut pie while warm.

Huette