[Sca-cooks] Harvest times

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Sun May 14 20:53:49 PDT 2006

<<<
As a former Catholic, I can answer this one.  It depends on whether
you're
talking pre or post vatican 2.... pre vatican 2, lay persons were not
given
both forms of communion, post vatican 2, both forms of communion are
offered
to everyone, clergy and laity both.

Elizabeta of Rundel

 > I haven't read the book, nor am I a Catholic, but I was under the
 > impression that Catholic laity are not given the wine during
 > communion.

Oh! My experience with this was being brought up in the Episcopal
Church (Catholic Lite, I've heard it called here. :-) ) but until
seeing these messages it never occurred to me that they wouldn't give
out both sacraments.

What was the reasoning for this prior to Vatican 2? Did this go back
to medieval times? What was the reasoning on making a change in/after
Vatican 2?

 From a food aspect, I was less than impressed by either. The white,
pasty, wafer that sticks to the top of your mouth like white, (over)
processed bread or the sharp wine. But then, even today I prefer cold/
cool, white to tepid, red wines.

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas