[Sca-cooks] Harvest times

Lisa silvina at allegiance.tv
Sun May 14 23:29:53 PDT 2006

I honestly don't remember the reasoning for only bread being given during
communion to laity, but I do know that it does go back to medieval times.  I
THINK that communion in both forms was reserved for the clergy due to their
"greater holiness and greater ability to experience the full communion with
christ," but that was one of hte changes that was made with Vatican 2, the
pop didn't believe that anyone was any more holy or better able to
experience full communion with christ, regardless of their status as either
clergy or laity, as many saints were not at any point in their lives clergy.
There are still places that refuse to give the sacrament in both forms, but
those areas also tend to refuse to accept the majority of the changes made
with Vatican 2.

Elizabeta of Rundel