[Sca-cooks] Food Presentation

Elise Fleming alysk at ix.netcom.com
Mon May 15 04:23:54 PDT 2006

Greetings!  At long last some  photos of our Barony's January event have been posted.  There are several interesting ones of food presentation.  The photos are at homepage.mac.com/excalabear  and you should look for the album "A Day of Chivalry and Romance".  (I had posted an account of some of the dishes  after the event.)  There is a  photo of the "black chicken" which was served, several of the helmeted cock riding a fish, the great pie with and without lid, the seafood arrangement, two "fish" of cream, and the blancmange with quail and eggs.  Most of these were served only to the "above the salt" feast.  The food was superbly delicious.  My particular quibble was that several dishes, designed for eight diners, couldn't be divided into eight.  (An example is the quail and the four quail eggs.  Have you ever tried to divide one quail into eight portions?!?  Or shell and slice a quail egg in half?!?)  The gentleman with the long beard in the first photo is Master Aiden, a wonderfully talented baronial member who was in charge of a number of the fancy dishes.

Alys Katharine

Elise Fleming
alysk at ix.netcom.com
http://home.netcom.com/~alysk/