[Sca-cooks] Porridge, tobacco

Elaine Koogler ekoogler1 at comcast.net
Wed May 17 17:08:25 PDT 2006

> That would be another good example. Then there's Julio Franco of the
> NY Mets, too. Recently he hit a home run and went on the record books
> as the oldest professional player on record to do that, and then the
> next day he stole a base and became the oldest player to do that since
> 1909... the joke going around is that the bat he used was cut from a
> tree his grandson planted during the Civil War.
>
> He's pretty frightening, actually... His morning regimen involves
> eating a dozen egg whites and oatmeal for breakfast every morning,
> then working out for five or six hours. That's before going off to work.
>
> I was thinking of asking him if he had encountered cuskynoles in his
> youth, and what they were like.
>
> Adamantius
So how old is this guy anyway?  I know I'm at least the same age as
Keith Richards....and, if this fellow is still playing ball, he's
probably in his 40's, right?  I guess that definitely puts me into the
joke zone as well...and no, I haven't seen cuskynoles up close and
personal...at least not the ones made in period.

Kiri (feeling a little older these days...especially after a discussion
on the Atlantian Kingdom list about our Principality Coronets, which
have gone missing...sadly!)