[Sca-cooks] Sausageand Almond milk

Caointiarn caointiarn1 at bresnan.net
Thu May 18 22:48:36 PDT 2006

First Renata asked:
>I will be celebrating my 25th Anniversary in the SCA this November and, I
>want to prepare a more-or->less authentic feast for my household. <> No
>matter what dishes I finally choose, it is obvious that I am >going to need
>a great deal of almond milk. My question is, does it freeze well so I can
>be
> making batches all summer long) or should I just make a huge batch as I
> need  it?

YES!  Almond Milk freezes well.  It will separate, and look yellow, but once
thawed & shook vigorously it will be fine.  I have even used milk plastic
jugs  {washed}to hold the almond milk.  Just remember to not fill it to the
top, leave room for expansion.
**********************
Then Muiriath shared:
>   I am the proud owner of 3 1/3 pound sauage links .<>  I put them in the
> freeezer and will take them out in a >few days and cook up. I am planning
> on making them next week and freezing for Caid's Coronation the first
>  >week of June, but if they don't freeze well, I will just make them a day
> in advance (but was hoping to avoid that >due to other timing problems)

>From my experience, the sausage shouldn't give you a problem making them
ahead & freezing.  Especially since it is for a short period of time  {2
weeks?}   Thank you for sharing your experiences!

Caointairn