[Sca-cooks] Sausages

Maggie MacDonald maggie5 at cox.net
Thu May 18 23:36:02 PDT 2006

At 10:48 PM 5/18/2006,Caointiarn said something like:
>Then Muiriath shared:
>>   I am the proud owner of 3 1/3 pound sauage links .<>  I put them in
>> the freeezer and will take them out in a >few days and cook up. I am
>> planning on making them next week and freezing for Caid's Coronation the
>> first  >week of June, but if they don't freeze well, I will just make
>> them a day in advance (but was hoping to avoid that >due to other timing
>> problems)
>
> From my experience, the sausage shouldn't give you a problem making them
> ahead & freezing.  Especially since it is for a short period of time  {2
> weeks?}   Thank you for sharing your experiences!
>
>Caointairn

In my experience with the sausages, the only thing you have to keep in mind
is that the seasonings will change in strength when they get frozen. (i.e.
garlic grows, a lot).  Maybe test freeze one and thaw it out a couple days
ahead, so you'll know what to expect?

But yes, I froze all mine to keep them nice and food safe til the day of
the event.

Cheers,
Maggie