[Sca-cooks] suggestions

Susan Fox selene at earthlink.net
Fri May 19 08:38:13 PDT 2006

Duriel wrote:
> Turnips are a good period replacement for potatoes.  A very unappreciated and nutritous vegetable.  Good source of Vit. A and an excellent source of Vit. C.
Agreed!  We got a whole Twelfth Night to eat up all their turnips and
very little of it came back, by peeling the turnips THICKLY to remove
the bitter outer layer and boiling the fine diced 'neeps in broth rather
than mere water.  That's from Platina I think, without having my books
handy.  Maybe some meat'n'potatoes guys thought they were potatoes...
but who cares, they got scarfed either way!

Selene