[Sca-cooks] Almond Milk Question

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Fri May 19 15:25:48 PDT 2006

Adele de Maisieres mentioned:
<<< I've never frozen it, so I'm not sure, but if you can assign a
kitchen
hand to making almond milk on the morning of the event, you should be
fine.  (I recommend a sturdy food processor and plain blanched
almonds).>>>

I was going to mention that this file probably has some commentary on
freezing almond milk, but it looks like someone later in this thread
details the pros and cons of freezing almond milk.

Still, perhaps this file might answer some of the other questions on
making and handling almond milk:
almond-milk-msg   (88K)  9/ 7/04    Making almond milk. Recipes.
Deskinning nuts
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD/almond-milk-msg.html

Here is another interesting variant, although it probably wouldn't do
for most dishes:
almond-cream-msg  (28K)  6/17/04    A sweet custard filling used in
sotelties.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD-SWEETS/almond-cream-msg.html

Stefan
--------