[Sca-cooks] On-line Pennsic Pity Party

UlfR ulfr at hunter-gatherer.org
Sun May 28 11:18:01 PDT 2006

Susan Fox <selene at earthlink.net> [2006.05.25] wrote:
> Greetings, milord Flintstone!

May I remind you that there (AFAICR) no early stop date for the SCA.
Thus I could get away with turning up paleolithic on Double Wars.
Meaningless, but still within the rules.

> > "full" 15th century cooking kit or a stone knife, a fresh killed hare,
> > a lake shore to gather some veggies, and a digging stick to make the
> > cooking pit with all depends on the speakers perspective.
> Obviously, local laws vary but we would get in SO much trouble if we
> started digging at any of the usual camp sites we use.  I wanted to try
> it but noooo. On the other hand, we might solve the issue of those noisy
> ducks and other waterfowl. <evil grin>

I know. The words "no dug firepits, you must use a raised BBQ set" (the
scouts were worried abput the state of the lawn on their campground) is
rather irritating. Pit cooking is good, fun, easy and very poorly
documented to period (see above) sources. At least I have not found any
mentions of it.

UlfR

UlfR Ketilson                               ulfr at hunter-gatherer.org
Two's company. Three or more is a breach of the Sexual Offences Act 1967