[Sca-cooks] Faith and chellenges

Dianne & Greg Stucki goofy1 at suscom.net
Wed May 31 12:54:36 PDT 2006

----- Original Message -----
From: "grizly" <grizly at mindspring.com>
To: "Cooks within the SCA" <sca-cooks at lists.ansteorra.org>
Sent: Wednesday, May 31, 2006 3:31 PM
Subject: Re: [Sca-cooks] Faith and chellenges

> Not wishing to raise the spectre of orthodoxy of the STC, I am also
> aligned
> with the non-cheddar and non-farmer cheese options.  Dare I even recommend
> that you mention lots of various cheese options for her to try and
> experiment with.  the wold of cheese is today like it has never been for
> us
> in the US of A.  So many in the various specialty markets that we can find
> infinite varients that all leave out cheddar and farmer cheese . . . if so
> desired.  Then there are many cheddars and farmers cheeses to peruse if
> that
> is one's heres . . . orthodoxy.

Cheese Goo is to be made, in my home, with cream cheese and Brie. Cheddar
indeed has its place, which is not in Cheese Goo. Just as mozzarella is at
its best served up in little chunks, along with tiny grape tomatoes and a
fine vinegar/oil dressing, and a sprinkle of herbs. Although we enjoyed it
thoroughly at Alles Faire served simply on crackers, eaten at a picnic table
in the shade in the company of good friends.

Laurensa