[Sca-cooks] Fruit picking was Re: Almond Milk revisited

Susan Fox selene at earthlink.net
Wed May 31 17:46:33 PDT 2006

> Muiriath writes:
> Hey Selene, Huette, Aeduin and anyone else in from Caid on this list, we
> should plan a cherry picking trip  sometime :)

Actually, I can offer a plum picking trip to my parents¹ house in Sherman
Oaks, probably in a month or so.  Dark red and golden plums, neither much
bigger than a cherry each.  This year¹s yield looks promising, the little
green plums are plentiful. These trees were allowed to get Awfully Tall and
it will take a lot of ladders and ingenuity to get at the upper branches but
Dad¹s willing to let my friends try.

I want a big bucket of the red ones to do more plum wine, the last batch
[which I hoard fervently] came out better than the best plum wine you ever
had at a Japanese restaurant.  My mother calls them ³Italian plums² but I
wonder if they are not actually Japanese, particularly the golden ones.

The main cherry picking country in Caid is Beaumont, yesno?  That¹s
Dreibergen, so we need to ask our friends in that direction what the season
looks like so far.

Selene