[Sca-cooks] On-line Pennsic Pity Party

Dan Brewer danqualman at gmail.com
Sun May 21 15:32:35 PDT 2006

I went to the An Tir 40th this year in Randal WA.  I saw some neat propane
power devices. Colman has a line of propane devices that would help to
server in a kitchen-less setting. A insta hot water heater does 40 gal of
water on a 20 oz disposable container.  A 8 quart cooker that has a shielded
burner, similar to a slow cooker but can boil water.  A smoker cabinet that
can double as an oven.  It stood about 5 foot tall and had about 10 racks
that were 18 inches square.  All of these would aid in preparing/serving
food in a place that did not have a kitchen or the kitchen was not up to the
task.  The owner of these said that she purchased all of them at Walmart and
GI joes.
Because I like fresh bread I built an oven that runs on propane.  It was
hard to regulate the temp low because the days I was using it was raining
sideways.  My bread started to bake before It was through rising.

Daniel