[Sca-cooks] Bread and wine in the Catholic church

Terry Decker t.d.decker at worldnet.att.net
Mon May 22 05:10:04 PDT 2006

Most Protestant denominations see the Eucharist as symbolism,
recommemoration or transignification.  Traditional Lutheranism holds that
the bread and the wine and the body and blood are co-existent in the
Eucharist in a belief similar to consubstatiation.  And, IIRC, the debate
over transubstantiation still rages in rarified theological circles.

Bear