[Sca-cooks] Bland + Condiments

tom.vincent at yahoo.com tom.vincent at yahoo.com
Wed May 24 05:01:06 PDT 2006

Has anyone deliberately prepared a bland feast but provided an extensive 'condiment/seasoning bar' so that people can salt, pepper & spice their dishes to their own preferences?

I know it isn't period, but it seems that the proportion of fussy eaters (not that that's necessarily a bad thing, mind you) has grown to the point where 'lowest common denominator' seasoning may be in order.  Allergies, diabetes, high blood pressure, religious choices, vegans/vegetarians, etc.

Personally, I often bring an 'emergency' hot sauce bottle and a cubeb grinder to feasts. :)

Duriel

Tom Vincent
When shall it be said in any country of the world, my poor are happy; neither ignorance or distress is to be found among them; my jails are empty of prisoners, my streets of beggars; the aged are not in want, the taxes not oppressive; the rational world is my friend because I am friend of its happiness; when these things can be said, then may that country boast of its constitution and government.
-- Tom Paine