[Sca-cooks] GHHandmaide was Deer Gelding

Saint Phlip phlip at 99main.com
Wed May 24 15:56:14 PDT 2006

On 5/25/06, Sam Wallace <guillaumedep at worldnet.att.net> wrote:

> This being a case in point. I guess I have added too many artificial
> categories to my mind, but I would not have applied an animal husbandry
> technique used on domesticated animals to a wild herd. It's a bit silly in
> retrospect.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Guillaume

Dunno if this will help, but rather than dividing animals into "wild" and
"domesticated", as is our modern mindset, you might find yourself better off
running a continuum from "useful" to "useless". As you can see in this
example, many "wild" animals were in some sense domesticated, whereas many
"domesticated" animals were, in a greater or lesser sense, "wild" or "feral"
as we'd percieve them- pigs would be an excellent example, as would hawks
and other hunting raptors.

Saint Phlip