[Sca-cooks] Non-feast cooking

Sue Clemenger mooncat at in-tch.com
Thu May 4 05:50:31 PDT 2006

The logic is two-fold.
One, it ain't at the far end of the country for a number of us.  An Tir's
our neighboring kingdom, and all geographical weirdness included, the next
nearest barony to mine is IN An Tir, albeit two states away in
Washington....<g>  I know what you mean, though....I annually wish Pennsic
could be a little closer than a couple of thousand miles away from me, and
maybe, just maybe, NOT in August, which, regardless of which job I've held,
has been one of my busiest months since I started playing almost 2 decades
ago.  Which, come to think of it, doesn't sound *possible* that it's been
that long! Ooof-da! ;o)
Two, it's not an SCA-wide event in the same way that 25th Year was, or 30th
Year.  It's a 40th Year Celebration being put on specifically *by* AnTir,
and anyone who wants to come, is welcome to.  As far as I know, there is no
official, SCA-wide FYC planned at all.
--Maire